Dr. Carrington's Professional Publications
Patricia Carrington, Ph.D.
(In chronological order – earliest to most recent)
(1) Ephron, H.S. and Carrington, P., Discussion of paper by William C. Dement; In Science and Psychoanalysis, Vol. VIII, Jules H. Masserman (Ed.) New York: Grune & Stratton, 1964, Pp. 171-177.
(2) Ephron, H.S. and Carrington, P., Rapid Eye Movement Sleep and Cortical Homeostasis, Psychological Review, 73, 1966, 500-526.
(3) Ephron, H.S. and Carrington, P., Ego Functioning in Rapid Eye Movement Sleep: Implications for Dream Theory. In Science and Psychoanalysis, Vol. XI, Jules H. Masserman (Ed.). New York: Grune & Stratton, 1967. Pp. 75-102.
(4) Ephron, H.S. and Carrington, P. On the homeostatic regulation of cortical activation during sleep: Journal of the American Society of Psychosomatic Dentistry and Medicine. 16, 1969, 23-29.
(5) Ephron, H.S. and Carrington, P. On the functions of the sleep phases: In E. Hartmann (Ed.) Sleep and Dreaming: International Psychiatry Clinics. Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1970, pp. 269-278.
(6) Ephron, H.S. and Carrington, P. The dreams as “guardian of sleep:” indications for further research: In E. Hartmann (Ed.), Sleep and dreaming: International Psychiatry Clinics. Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1970, Pp. 344-352.
(7) Carrington, P. and Ephron, H.S. Moral considerations in the psychotherapy of an adolescent who attempted murder: In S. Post (Ed.). Moral Values and the Superego Concept in Psychoanalysis: New York: International Universities Press, 1972, pp. 289-317.
(8) Carrington, P. Dreams and Schizophrenia: Archives of General Psychiatry, 1972, 26. Pp. 343-350.
(9) Carrington, P. and Ephron, H.S. Meditation as an Adjunct to Psychotherapy: In S. Arieti and G. Chrzanowski (Eds.) New Dimensions in Psychiatry: A World View. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1975. Pp. 262-291.
(10) Carrington, P. and Ephron, H.S. Meditation and Psychoanalysis: Journal of American Academy of Psychoanalysis, 3, 1975.
(11) Carrington, P. and Ephron, H.S. The Use of Meditation in Psychiatry: In J. Masserman (Ed.), Current Psychiatric Therapies. New York: Grune & Stratton 1975. Pp. 101-108.
(12) Carrington, P. Freedom in Meditation: New York: Doubleday, 1977; Pace Educational Systems, 1987 (3rd edition). (Book)
(13) Carrington, P. and Ephron, H.S. Using Meditation with Psychotherapy: In James L. Forshage and Paul Olsen (Eds.), Healing: Implications for Psychotherapy. New York: Human Sciences Press, 1978. Pp. 115-136.
(14) Carrington, P. and Ephron, H.S. Meditation as a Therapeutic Agent. International Encyclopedia of Psychiatry: Psychology, Psychoanalysis and Neurology. Vol. VII. B. Wolman (Ed.), New York: Van Nostrand-Reinhold, 1977. Pp. 67-71.
(15) Carrington, P. “Modern Forms of Meditation:” In Boorstein, S. (Ed.) Transpersonal Psychotherapy. Science and Behavior Books, Palo Alto, Ca. 1980, Pp. 242-256.
(16) Carrington, P., Collings, G.H., Benson, H., Robinson, H., Wood, L.W., Lehrer, P., Woolfolk, R., and Coles, J. “The Use of Meditation-Relaxation Techniques for the Management of Stress in a working Population:” Journal of Occupational Medicine, 1980, 22. Pp. 221-231.
(17) Carrington, P. Meditation techniques in clinical practice: In L.E. Abt and I.R. Stuart (Eds.) The Newer Therapies: A Sourcebook. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., 1982. Pp. 60-78.
(18) Carrington, P. and Stroebel, C.F. Meditation, its clinical use: In B. Wolman, (Ed.) International Encyclopedia of Psychiatry Psychology, Psychoanalysis, & Neurology, Progress Volume I. New York: Aesculapius Publishers, Inc., 1983. Pp. 256-261.
(19) Carrington, P. The clinical use of meditation: In Woolfolk, R.L. and Lehrer, P.M. (Eds.), Principles and Practice of Stress Management. New York: Guilford Press, 1984.
(20) Lehrer, P.M., Schoicket, S., Carrington, P. and Woolfolk, R.L. Psycho-physiological and cognitive responses to stressful stimuli in subjects practicing progressive relaxation and clinically standardized meditation: Behavior Research and Therapy, 18, 293-303, 1980.
(21) Lehrer, P.M., Woolfolk, R.L., Rooney, A.J., McCann, B.C., Carrington, P. Progressive relaxation and meditation: a study of psychological and therapeutic differences between two techniques. Behavior Research and Therapy 1983, 21, 651-666.
(22) Muskatel, N., Woolfolk, R.L., Carrington, P., Lehrer, P.M., McCann, B.C. Effect of meditation training on aspects of coronary-prone behavior: Perceptual and Motor Skills, 1984. 58, 515-518.
(23) Carrington, P. Releasing: The New Behavioral Science Method for Dealing with Pressure Situations: New York: William Morrow & Co., 1984, (Book).
(24) Carrington, P. Meditation as an access to altered states of consciousness: In B. Wolman and M. Ullman (Eds.), the Handbook of States of Consciousness. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Co. 1986, Pp. 487-523.
(25) Carrington, P., Using meditation in clinical practice; On M. West (Ed.) The Psychology of Meditation. London: Oxford University Press, 1987, 150-172.
(26) Carrington, P. The Clinical Use of Meditation: In Principles and Practice of Stress Management (Second Edition). Lehrer, P.M., and Woolfolk, R.L., New York: Guilford Press, 1993, Pp. 139-168.
(27) Carrington, P., Lehrer, P.M., Wittenstrom, K. A Children’s Self-Management System for Reducing Homework-Related Problems: Parent Efficacy Ratings. Child and Family Behavior Therapy, Vol. 19(1) 1997, Pp. 1-22.
(28) Carrington, P. The Book of Meditation: The Complete Guide to Modern Meditation. Shaftesbury, England: Element Books, 1998. (Book)
(29) Carrington, P., The Learn to Meditate Kit: The Complete Course in Modern Meditation. Shaftesbury, England: Element Books, 1998.
(30) Carrington, P., The Power of Letting Go: A Practical Approach to Releasing the Pressures in Your life. Shaftesbury, England: Element Books, 1999. (Book)
(31) Carrington, P. How to Create Positive Choices in Energy Psychology: Choices Training Manual. Kendall Park, NJ: Pace Educational Systems, 2001.
(32) Lehrer, P, Carrington, P. Progressive relaxation, autogenic training, and meditation: In Mos, D, McGrady, A, Davies, T.C., & Wickramasekera, I. (Ed), Handbook of mind-body medicine for primary care. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2002, pp 137-150
(33) Carrington, P., Multiply the Power of EFT: 52 New Ways to Use EFT That Most People Don’t Know About., Pace Educational Systems, Inc., Kendall Park, NJ, 2007
(34) Carrington, P. Modern Forms of Mantra Meditation; In Principles and Practice of Stress Management (Third Edition). Lehrer. P.M., Woolfolk, R. L.,and Sime, W.E., New York: Guilford Press, 2007, Pp. 363-392.
(35) Carrington, P., Discover the Power of Meridian Tapping: A Revolutionary Method for Stress-Free Living, Try It Productions, Bethel, CT., 2008